The HHSANJ Core Values
- Always Put Consumer Protection First
- Give our Members a Voice
- Encourage Volunteerism
- Lead with Integrity
- Act Honestly
- Provide Education
- Be an Advocate
The members of The Home Health Services Association pledge to adhere to the Code of Ethical Standards set forth below, and to work cooperatively with federal, state, and local governments with professional organizations for the achievement of quality health care and control of health care costs.
- We will deliver services to our clients and patients with the highest realistic ethical standards of business practice and health.
- We consider the care, needs, worth, and dignity of the patient to be our constant focus and will follow guidelines that ensure respect for the rights of patients.
- We will protect the confidentiality of all client medical and financial information.
- We will provide the service of registered nurse supervision for our clients.
- We will maintain the highest standards of integrity in advertising, sales, and marketing and we will not knowingly misrepresent our services or employees.
- We will maintain services 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, including holidays.
- We place the center of our attention on quality in the delivery of health care, and take steps to ensure that home health care personnel meet the highest standards of professional competence.
Steps to be considered include:
- Careful screening of applicants for employment, including: health status, educational qualifications, and experience (as related to specific positions)
- Personal interviews and affirmative reference checks.
- Visual inspection of all original licenses as required by law.
- Evaluation and supervision of employees by a registered nurse on an ongoing basis.
- Comply with all applicable payroll and taxation laws.
- Ensure that employees are bonded and insured, including general liability, professional malpractice, and Worker’s Compensation Insurance.